Thursday, January 10, 2013

washington d.c. photo diary.

I arrived in Washington D.C. on a dreary late afternoon, with grey skies looming over the city. For me, DC was a architectural playground, full of monumental "American" buildings (funny architecture school never taught me what that style was).

The White House was actually a little spec of architectural significance compared to some of the other ones scattered across the city. Everything in DC seemed to reflect the grandeur of the American political city, from our hotel; St Regis, to department stores and office blocks. 

It was amazing to walk though, and with so many museums to see, I could've spent a week in DC just exploring.

devious studios























All photography by me.

1, 2 and 3: Grand interiors of our St Regis Hotel.
4 and 5: Contrasts in architecture, old vs modern.
6: Indiana Plaza
7, 8, 9 and 10: Wondering the streets of DC.
11: The approach to Capitol Hill.
12, 13 and 14: The many perspectives of Capitol Hill.
15: Brick Wells and Fountains.
16, 17 and 18: Ulysses S Grant Memorial
19 and 20: Outside the Hirshhorn Museum against the backdrop of Aiweiwei's Zodiac Heads.
21 and 22: Aiweiwei's According to Who bike installation.
23: The Smithsonian.
24. The approach to the Washington Monument.

X

15 comments:

  1. Wow. Gorgeous photos! Hope you had an amazing time.
    I've been dying to go to the East Coast! Looks like I need to do your NY/ DC trip ASAP x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will have to miss!
      you will LOVE!

      and when you do we can have disucssions and stories of experiences over coffee and a brunch!

      x

      Delete
  2. washington dc indeed is suuuch amazing city. and you did amazing pictures! <3

    tnx so much for stoppin by at my spot, really hope to stay in touch! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could be transported to where u are ryt naw!
    =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are breathtaking!
    You have really captured the essence of Washington DC :)
    Did you manage to touch the little piece of moon rock at the Air and Space Museum?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos!

    www.inspirationlush.com
    http://www.facebook.com/InspirationLush

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are so beautiful! I've always wanted to go to DC, and now I want to go even more!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. Following you now on bloglovin and GFC, hope you can follow back =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always left speechless or looking for the best possible words yet beautiful is always apt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLOLOL died at that photo of those people on the street on those bicycle scooter things!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos!
    super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X