Monday, January 7, 2013

new york photo diary.

"Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do, now you're in New York, the streets will make you feel brand new, bright lights will inspire you, Hear it for New York".

rockerfeller, new york, devious studios, city






















Photography by me.

Miss Alicia Keys, could not have described the feeling that New York had over me any better. From the steaming outlets and empty streets in down town Manhattan on a weekend, to the bustle of Christmas shoppers, travellers and street performers in 5th Avenue, to the monumental architectural marvels on the upper east side and finally to the wondrous creative hub that is SOHO, New York City, I would LOVE to see you again soon!

Part of me wished I took more candid photos, but, being there in the moment and experiencing this place, somewhat makes one forget that a camera is at hand to capture these moments.

1. Rockefeller Centre around 5th Avenue
2. Downtown Manhattan near the Battery
3. Cruising around the Hudson River
4. Statue of Liberty
5 and 6. Brooklyn Bridge - noticeable gothic architectural arches.
7, 8, 9 and 10 . Downtown Manhattan, the CBD.
11 and 12. Interior of St Pauls Church.
13, 14 and 15. Exploring Central Park.
16, 17 and 18. The amazing exterior of the Guggenheim Museum.
19. Glass roof of the Guggenheim.
20. Interior of the Metropolitan Museum.
21. The start of pre Christmas chaos that was 5th Avenue.

X

FOLLOW ME!

24 comments:

  1. Always love the concrete jungle...
    Nice images L!

    Kenken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I'm so jealous! Amazing photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful photos lovely-- i can't wait to visit NY one day, it seems like a city with so much amazing energy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shots! thanks for commenting on my blog. let's follow each other on blogger? xx
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish to visit New York, too. Oh, some daydream. Your photos are magnificently lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York is my dream! Ahhhh!! Lovely photos.

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're pictures are amazing!! What camera/ lens do you use?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photos! New York is beautiful! I enjoy things like this so much, a lot of my sketches are based on inspiration from architecture.
    Have you ever been to Chicago? I just moved there & I am in love with every building! :)

    -Alina
    Transparentdimensions.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely city, amazing pictures!

    http://bamostwanted.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete



  10. Thanks for sharing these photos. I really felt what you said.


    Such an inspiring blog you have. Let me know if you want to follow each other on gfc, fb & bloglovin. Leave me a note you followed coz I promise to follow back whenever you can!
    Have a nice day & looking forward to your next post!

    http://www.themilanomode.com/



    ReplyDelete
  11. After reading your opening line, I now have that song stuck in my head :) Gorgeous pictures!

    XXX
    Alexia

    http://www.theillustrated-edge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are absolutely stunning! I really want to go to New York, I went once when I was very little so I don't remember much
    Lucia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You are so talented!! Those photos are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I felt in love with this city the minute I went there!

    xoxo

    Julia from aboyeur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos, I'm so jealous!! New york has been on my travel list for years now!

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    Enter my give-away on Fashiolista to win a €125 voucher!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I dreamt last night I was in New York (I've never been before) Now after looking at these photos, I want to visit eeeeven more!!

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. i was in nyc two weeks ago. love it, the photos are great, great post.. im a new follower btw, nice to meet you x

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. ah man, i was dreading going back to new york cause it'll mean back to school. but seeing your pictures, i can't wait to go back. I'm so blessed to live in NYC :) glad to hear you have fun in NY!

    xx
    www.chasingthmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!! Beautiful pics,i love NY. We are following you now can you follow us back? Kisses

    ReplyDelete

  20. such an amazing city! <3

    http://dontthinkjustfeel-yuka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. what great photos, you do a lot of travelling! Can't wait to get back to NY this year - what a great city! Following so I can feel like I'm travelling too haha! =)

    H x

    harrietdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X