Tuesday, November 13, 2012

new york: smyth hotel.

Went to a friend's grad exhibit today, showcasing her works from her photomedia degree at SCA. Along with it saw SO MANY more creatives and suddenly the way I look at the world around me is different. More inspired and driving my architecture to an even deeper conceptual focus than before. Lately all that is on my mind is NEW YORK. Excitedly trying to put together archi-tours/walks for my stay there. I'm not just interested in the infamous structures like the Guggenheim by Gehry, but also projects that are on a smaller scale that somehow changes the quality of a space or interiors with personality. Are there any New Yorkers out there that would suggest any places to see?

I'll be staying at the Smyth in Tribeca and am so very excited to be doing so. It's design embodies classic neighbourhood history fused with contemporary and very much quirky spaces.

Source: Smyth Tribeca Hotel

Three posts in a week, must be a new record for me. Finding myself fusing more of my of interest for fashion with architecture.

X

8 comments:

  1. I also went to that SCA show tonight! The Smyth looks amazing, I'm very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i bumped into nicole!

      didn't see you, i was really surprised with the turn out it was heaps of people!

      x

      Delete
  2. WOW, this is stunning. Very inspirational.
    km-iamyou.blogspot.com.au
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, I've just followed!

    Daniel William x
    votregarcon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovely!
      u blog is awesome too!!!

      don't often come across male bloggers with good shit!

      x

      Delete
  4. I love how it's really modern but still kinda classic!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X