Saturday, September 8, 2012

hong kong photo diary.

While my recent blogfeed is filled with posts from the start of New York Fashion week, I myself am looking forward to a most probable family trip there at the end of the year. Meanwhile, this post has been over due for a while now, but I can find myself reliving the few days I spent there about two months ago.

Rick and I went to Hong Kong for a short four day work trip. Short meetings meant we had three full days (two of which were weekends) to spend exploring the city.

Last I went to Hong Kong was almost 6 years ago, and it left me with a pretty bitter impression as everything went wrong! The hotel stuffed up our reservation, with the snobbish staff, NOT apologetic at all, but changed our rooms everyday for the week we were there, we had our luggage stolen and the whole visa debacle getting back into China, not only stranded us in Hong Kong for an extra day, but was a complete nightmare to re lodge.

This time around it was a completely different feel. The city was more vibrant, welcoming and sparked a lot of excitement. Despite the thick humid air that left you pouring with sweating as soon as you stepped out the door, the city was an amazing cosmopolitan hub full of culture and elegance.

Shopping was pretty amazing too! Access to almost all the brands you can think of. Pricing was pretty much on par with what is available online, except cosmetics. I went a bit crazy in MAC and did a major lipstick haul. Despite this, all the wants on my wish list weren't actually available in store, and MAC cosmetics was the only thing I came home with.

I did splurge a bit on loved ones, including a pair of Ferragamo flats for Mum, cuban cigars for Dad, chocolate fondue and skin care for the sister and a brand new spanking 70-400mm Sony lens for Rick.

I'd definitely be taking the opportunity to go again, this time with a full shopping list and plenty of coin for those obligatory but totally compulsory splurge purchases.



























1-2: Watching the World 2012 Dragon Racing Championships on Victoria Bay
3-5: Spending a sunny morning on the shores of Stanley, just before the storm.
6-16: Spending the afternoon at the Peak, starting at the city and watching it turning from light to dark. 17:Enjoying the view and food at the Forrest Gump Shrimp Restaurant.
18-20: Night falling at the Peak.
21-22: The cityscape below at night
23: Catching the sun down, before the long flight home.

X

24 comments:

  1. Great photographies!



    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is wooow....you can always capture the scenery and your surroundings so well!! All of these photos should be in some kind of travel photography book! What do you shoot with?
    And are you still in NY?

    <3Amanda
    FFF @NYFW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey miss!

      I shoot with an Olympus OMD and Rick shoots with a Sony a77.
      Various lens kits included as well!

      Unfortunately not in new York for fashion week, however an array of Aussie bloggers currently over there covering the show.
      I will however most likely be there in December and will also we stopping by either LA or California!

      We should party!
      X

      Delete
  3. Hong Kong looks like an amazing city! It look nothing like I've imagined it.


    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photographs! My friend loves going there, especially for the shopping! Good to hear your experience this time was much much better :)

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie!

      It should be great fun for her!
      X

      Delete
  5. Stunning photos, I would love to visit hong kong!

    Anna
    stylescreed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and amazing photos. For some reason, it makes me feel like traveling--love it!

    xoxo
    Stella

    www.jadore-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, absolutely stunning photos!! I want to go to Hong Kong so bad, it's on my to do list!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that your trip to HK for the second time went pretty well. The photos are really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these photos, especially of the skylines. Gorgeous.

    Stop by sometime, xo Natalie
    lavagabonddame.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The photos are incredible, Hong Kong is an amazing city!
    Too bad your previous trip went so wrong, but this time you could finally enjoy the city and bring all these wonders to us :)
    The next destination from my road trip series will be somewhere in Austria. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are beautiful lisa x hong kong is definitely on my "to visit" list and this makes me want to just jump on a plane right now x (ps. hope you are lovely, pretty lady!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an amazing place!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC??

    Kendra
    xx

    www.stoleninspiration.com

    Ohhh by the way we have a great giveaway on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I found your blog from a friend and I went to visit! I loved your post and I am going to stay on top of all the news!

    I hope my blog:

    www.todacharmosa.com

    If you want to follow me I'll be very happy! ♥ hugs

    http://lookbook.nu/pathymoreira
    http://facebook.com/blogtodacharmosa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful photos!! Glad you got to go back and have a better experience than the last time - I've had that happen to me before. It's always nice to get a new outlook on a city :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was up there maybe 2-3 years ago and it's funny, I swear at least 5 of your shots are identical to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing post!!!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?!! :)

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello beautiful. I just found your blog. It's great I like is very stylish and you are very pretty :) You have a new follower. I invite you to know my blog. I hope your visit PersonalStyle ;) A big hug.
    www.blogpersonalstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, this pictures look incredible! Wow,... I love them! Love your blog as well, so I'm a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X