Saturday, July 21, 2012

xi tang: china's venice

Located about an hour and a half drive from Shanghai, Xi Tang can be seen as China's Venice. Historically old Chinese dwellings that used to house some of the Emperors infamous politics, kept in original form and displayed as muesums for the public. It narrates what life was like back in the dynasties ruled by sovereignty.

The whole town sits on a series of canals and connected by a network of bridges and meandering laneways. Most big houses use to belong to the Emperor's polititicians, are set up for visitors to explore with orginal furniture, photographs and relics on display.


















There are so many of these beautiful towns scattered all over China. Hoping I will get a chance to see them all one day.

X

14 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL IMAGES...I WANT TO GO NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photos! Makes me want to travel back to China ASAP!!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this place look amazing! and you took so great photos!!
    I live in SH but never heard of this place, been hearing about SH's water town called zhujiajiao. have u been there too?:)


    AlvianaKalin
    viethefoodamateur
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful set of images!

    ♥ ThankFifi
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my latest post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos!

    I'd love to go to Shanghai!

    Jess xx

    http://showponyblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have a friend who was just there! These photos are amazing, it looks like a place I'd definitely want to visit some day. I especially like the shots of the narrow alleys, the angles are so cool. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Lisa, and for sharing these great photos! x

    Alexa (not Chung)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI!!
    Such a nice pictures ;)
    Thanks for your visit.kisses

    Visit Missy Cheeks Looks on facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/MissyCheeksLooks?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I absolutely love these photos; especially the one with the map. Gorgeous!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing pictures! full of culture, art, and history!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pictures are awesome! Really makes me want to travel to China one day.

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg these photos are incredible! Can't wait to go to China one day and experience them all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice imagery, I think pictures like these are important to propagate the old Chinese culture. So keep at it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X