Sunday, July 15, 2012

shanghai photo diary.

The first seven days was spent PURELY catching up with family. That is, literally breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the moments in between. I almost forgot how big my family was. Now with additions to the family (i.e cousins getting married and having babies), my family has grown to an even bigger proportion than when I last remembered.

Regretfully a lot of photos weren't taken in Shanghai, rather a comprehensive photo journal on the cities on the outskirts of Shanghai (more on that later though). For now, the few gorgeous places that we did visit in Shanghai and did manage to preserve are compiled here in this short photo journal post.









1. Wondering the laneways of Xin Tian Di
2. Cooling off with some lemonade in Tian Zi Fang
3. Walking the beautifully lined streets in the French Concession area near Ferguson Lane
4. Dessert, complete with glutinous rice balls, red bean, ice cream and grass jelly.
5. Me =)
6. Car watching at night in Xu Jia Hui
7. Taking a taxi home, looks like taking a starship travelling light years away
8. My grand uncle's room, in his traditional heritage protected town house. Kept in it's original form for the last 60 years of him living there.

Shanghai is rather segmented city, bits of old and big chunks of new scatted around the city. It's a wonderful place to explore with so many places for photo opportunities around every corner.

I have a few posts to catch up on, as I just got back from Hong Kong, there are also many photos to share from that trip as well.

P.S. I had so much trouble trying to upload these pictures on photobucket as it kept loosing its quality everytime I tried to enlarge one. So for the sake of my sanity, and three days of trying to size these pictures, I finally loaded these on blogger! Any advice from anyone on how I can fix this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!

X

25 comments:

  1. The dessert looks good, I want some of that and love picture 7, I can only imagine how recklessly fast that must have been!

    All<3Lola

    www.fashionrecession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty! Shanghai is stunning! :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures and thank your for your comment! i have rewrote my post in english and i hope you're now able to read! :)

    Have a nice day,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your photographies!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I like yours!
    I follow you now :)


    Théa Unknown
    http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome photos!

    xx
    biskvittka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends on the quality of the original photo. I'm definitely not an expert in this subject but I never increase the size of my photos. :/ They can get all grainy or pixelated. Though with a DSLR I rarely have that problem anymore.

    Anyway, these photos look great :) Love #7

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I have never been to China, would love to see Shanghai....we are doing a little give away on our blog if you're interested. Happy travelling. xx www.haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much! Super!






    http://designer2078.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks nice.
    It is nice to meet you! I will keep watching it in future,

    one more thing,If you have a minute, please check out my blog and follow me if you liked it. I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    Blow a Rainbow

    Mwaks!

    ~priscilla ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR PHOTOS ARE AMAZING. I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN IN HONG KONG! I AM FOLLOWING. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Thanks for your time. Hope to hear from you soon and joining.

    best wishes,
    steven b. 0:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. daaang girl! PHENOMENAL photos!!! I can't pick a fave...i like them all!! I NEED to go back to Shanghai!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your outfit!
    The photos are amazing :)
    Would you like if we follow each other?
    Im following you already!
    Have a amazing day darling, thank you
    for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow these photos are AMAZING!
    I've never been to Shanghai before, you're so lucky :)
    Can't wait to see more posts
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photos!!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :) I am now following yours :)

    Jess xx

    http://showponyblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    It's been years since I've been to shanghai and I was too sick to enjoy it properly. Love the pics you've posted and makes me want to go back and re-visit Shanghai.

    http://tstyledme.wordpress.com/

    Tien xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, love these travel pictures! x

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photos are lovely. Shanghai is such an amazing city - I can't wait to go back there. I love the fusion of old and new!
    xxx
    INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful blog....
    great work... keep blogging...
    you can also check my blog.
    I am following you. Hope you follow me also.
    link is www.poetashwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for your comment in my last outfit. you have great pics in your blog
    lots of kisses
    fran

    i have a new outift
    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing photos! I really love your hair~ ^__^

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These photos are so cool! It certainly sounds like such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your photos! makes me wanna visit Shanghai so much.
    btw, your hair style is so beautiful!!


    http://viviannasecret.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X