Saturday, July 28, 2012

adelaide.

I can see why one of my favourite bands of all time fell in love with this city.
Just got back yesterday from a short two day work trip. Preconceptions of Adelaide were very much to be honest, backward country town. I was so very wrong!

Beautiful old sandstone Australian bungalows contrasted with modern mansions line streets and streets around areas like Hyde Park and Prospect, beautifully tree lined streets, and no day in day out traffic jams that we experience here in Sydney. It reminds me very much of Melbourne but less condensed. 

Must go back there soon for a weekend to visit the wineries as well as get a proper exploration of this beautiful city. Didn't get much of a chance to take too many photos as during the first day I literally started my day at 5am and hit the ground running all day.

If you follow me on instagram @deviousstudios and twitter@deviousstudios would of heard my endless rantings of how beautiful this place really is.


Row one: green silcilian olives with orange and cumin served on ice, extensive local and international wine list at The Pot in Hyde Park, char grilled octopus with soy, lime and chilli.
Row two: vine covered church against a clear blue sky on King William Road, mysterious door ways with charm, working from the airport with a white hot chocolate getting me through a long day.
Row Three: sneaky Josh Goot purchase from muse boutique , another sneaky purchase online from net-a-porter, was too busy stuffing my face at The Pot that this was the only photo I had left to balance out this visually. =) 

I have a new outfit post to come soon as well as my trip photos from Hong Kong, so stay tuned!

X

13 comments:

  1. Hello fellow Fashionista!!

    Congrats! Because of your great fashion sense & blog! I am nominating you for the Liebster Award! For more details please see my newest post!

    Jess xo

    http://mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i've never really wanted to go to adelaide until now haha!

    // VISIT MY BLOG - ZEBRA AND MEERKAT //

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THE PHOTOS!!!
    XX




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice style, love the blog and your ideas :)
    Check out mine if you've got time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice style, love the blog and your ideas :)
    Check out mine if you've got time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I want to see more of your purchases from net-a-porter to live vicariously through you while I'm on a mini shopping ban !

    http://www.tstyledme.com

    Tien xo

    ps I'm on @tstyledme on instagram if you feel like following :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the nice comment on Twitter :) I've been to Australia twice now, the first time to Sydney, the second to Sydney and then up to the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsundays. I would like to go back though to see Melbourne, Adelaide etc! We never really hear much about these other places outside of Australia but I'm sure they have lots to offer.

    P.S. Love a Josh Goot print!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots! And did you buy a Alexander Wang bag? : ) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! Im now following on Instagram ^^
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking forward to see your bag! Haven't bought a lot since I'm back in Holland, but I did buy some things when I was on vacation. : ) X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X