Wednesday, February 1, 2012

white rabbit gallery.

In line with Chinese New Year celebrations, I wanted to share an awesome little gallery tucked away in the back streets of the Sydney suburb of Chippendale. Having rather traditional Chinese parents, I've always been somewhat steered towards a lot of traditionalist appreciation of anything artistic. That is why when my friend Sasha suggested to visit this gallery, it was a rather a refreshing and inspiring slap in the face.

This fine little gallery is home to one of the world's largest and most significant collections of Chinese Contemporary Art, founded by Kerr and Judith Neilson. The gallery is converted from an old knit factory with gorgeous ceiling heights and interior design and a cute little tea house serving hand made dumplings and a wide selection of delicious teas.

(All Images Taken on Hipstamatic)

You can obviously see I have a massive obsession with their AMAZING staircase! They are definitely a worthy place to check out on a weekend must do for fun. You can find more information on their website here or you can find them at:

30 Balfour Street,
Chippendale, NSW 2208.
Australia


X

9 comments:

  1. Galleries are defs one of my fave places to go!
    There are heaps of good ones in Melbourne too :)

    x x Stace
    TEE&FAME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

    Thuan

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place looks amazing! The art there looks so cool

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that gallery looks so amazing! another reason I wish I lived in sydney!

    xxx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comment! those birdcages are awesome :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for comment :) I like her music as well.
    I'm following you, I hope you'll visit my blog soon and maybe follow back? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the birdcages hanging from the ceiling.
    There is a bar/restaurant here me that has hanging Victorian birdcages intertwined with long floral vines, its like a dream garden but indoors :)
    Gems

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X