Thursday, November 3, 2011

light works.

You can actually buy hanabi (fireworks) from shelves at supermarkets. Generally a summer novelty, we were lucky enough to find some stashed away in a little section at this giant discount store in Shibuya.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing around with shutter speeds and what not, meant a fun night spent on a rooftop, minus little arguments on how to how the fireworks for the best angles and for capturing the acutal imaginary letters we were writing in the air.

The night was pretty clear too, and we could visibly see Tokyo Tower and the Tokyo city scape from the rooftop. Hope all my sentences are making sense, not really in a writing mood today and all my thoughts are pretty much de-tached and thrown all this page.

X

15 comments:

  1. Always my favourite part of summers in Japan (:

    xx Nicole
    http://www.higherthanthestars.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I wish fireworks were that easy to buy over here in California. Awesome shots. I've always wanted to take a picture like that too! I'm also diggin your leather shorts.

    -Christine
    http://trendenvy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing! Can you teach me how to capture this?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh they look amazing! Ive always wanted to take photos like that but havent been able to pull it off. Awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh girl I was sooo positive I was following you already, sorry love AMAZING stuff! these shots are perfect, actually did this with a lighter once I'm shamed to admit, but obviously did not turn out as beautiful as these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute leather shorts! You look awesome playing with those, but I'd be pretty scared to do it myself =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty fire-art-work! oh i spot some nice leather pants too :)




    WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyyyyy!
    I see you've been busy posting heaps :-) love it. I really really dig Ricks outfit! The socks give away that it was not your styling as I imagine you'd find them girlie, or am I wrong? they're beautifully Japanese-girlie tho. I like girlie Lisa ;-
    Lore

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are so beautiful! And fun! And spunky! And full of spark! (Okay, I'll stop, especially since I just dropped an awful pun). I enjoy your outfit posts, as well as your commentary. I have to say that your boyfriend does have some good taste (the lacy socks in your latest posts are definitely covet-able).

    ReplyDelete
  10. that knit and those socks and heels are adorable!


    L O M A N I

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X