Monday, October 17, 2011

kanra hotel kyoto.

After an 8 hour over night flight from Narita to Gold Coast,  a 4 hour stop over in Gold Coast, a 2 hour flight back home to Sydney and arriving back home to a flooded apartment, then straight to a mini family reunion family dinner and being awake for almost 48 hours straight, I arrived home to Sydney, finally getting a chance to tend to my majorly neglected blog.

Its been a crazy few weeks travelling, things I loved, things I didn't like so much, meeting new people, discovering new things. All I can say though this trip has changed me a bit, I have new priorities, new ambitions and new inspirations. None-the-less, I'm sure glad to be home!

Be prepared for some serious Japan-esque posts as I have like a GAZILLION photos to share with you all. This first post is dedicated to the Hotel Kanra in Kyoto. A traditional but modern little Japanese boutique hotel we stayed at.

The design focuses on bringing the residence an experience to understand the city and culture and history of Kyoto through the design. Their rooms are equipped with some ultra modern but subtle lighting design. They use a lot of traditional materials like aromatic Japanese Cedar Wood and black slate and their room composition reflects that of a traditional Japanese house, full with tatami mats and paper doors.

It is a gorgeous little hotel and I would recommend anyone going to Kyoto to stay there for at least one night. They have some great facilities such as free to hire electronic bicycles which are the perfect transportation to get around and see and intimately experience Kyoto.

You can find more information on them here

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Kanra Hotel Kyoto, Entrance, Floor Lobby, Room, Bathroom, Tatami Mats, Room Service)



Yerp that one is me, wearing the traditional Japanese yukata, with our yummy room service food, fusion italian japanese.
Hope you guys all enjoyed this post!

X

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE hotel rooms, they are so tranquil and soothing and this hotel looks exactly like that.

    Is the bed some MEGA KING KING KING SIZE or is it just the angle of the photo? It looks HUGE I LOVE big beds.

    Welcome home lady!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. this hotel looks amazing.. i always love to see how hotels decorate their rooms

    x0
    annette
    www.theversastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my GAWD does that hotel room want to get any nicer?? that bed is like.. TO DIE! ahhh. seriously looking forward to seeing more photos! and thanks for mentioning me & bianca on threadbare's wall :D i'm currently waiting for my sis to get made up for her formal! im the photo bitch for it haha :)
    xx http://opinionslave.blogspot.com
    / twitter: @opinionslave

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Love,

    Welcome back!!!!!!!!! I am glad to know we are breathing the same air again! Can't wait to know what's been going on with you. ♥

    Your hotel looks amazing, wow it must have been really pricey but what magnificent decor! :)

    I am just waiting to pick up Bunny and his parents from the airport now, before taking them out for a late dinner. Hope all is well with you.


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! So awesome to see photos of your trip - I can't wait for more posts and to catch up with you on Sunday!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, the hotel looks stunning!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, your traveling sounds crazy! but that food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that looks amazing!! Dreamhotel!
    blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful....ahhh...I just dropped off my boyfriend at the airport this morning. He's headed to Tokyo for the next ten days then I'm meeting him up either in Thailand or Bali...needless to say...these couple of weeks are going to be brutal...kind of feel like how you felt a couple posts ago... :( sad face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is AMAZING!!! I'm planning a trip to Japan next year so I'm eager to see more pictures!! xx

    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our Inbar Shahak Jewelery Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey!! Been good, I have been so busy I haven't had anytime to update my blog, and plus I'm having less and less things to say! haha :) Oh well, one of these days, I will surely update it! :) Anyhow, the photos look amazing, I hope you loved Japan? I'm a Japan fangirl, so I lurveee anything Japan-ish! hehe :) Whether you like it or not, I'm sure you and Rick enjoyed it, and that bed!!! Is that in the size of a sumo player? Haha :) massive!!!

    Keep posting the photos!! xx

    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems like the place to be residing in Kyoto.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey babe, thank you for your sweet comment! This is such a coincidence, I just posted something about japan, haha. Seeing these pics make me wanna go back! Can't wait to see more. Just wanted to say you gained a new follower, your blog is just awesome and your style is rad! Hope to talk to you soon. Have a great day!
    xx Ambre

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is amazing!!!! i love!!!! im so envious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh-my-God!! This place looks amazing!! You're jelly of my shoes?? I'm jelly of your trip! We must all catch up soon so you can tell us all about it :), xxx

    forthefashionobsessed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. ummm... amazing. i'm SO BEYOND JEALOUS that you went to japan. i've been wanting to do so bad! next yearrrr, perhaps! ;)

    i hope you had a fantastic time! & you look so cute in the traditional yukata!

    ps. if you're interested, come join a giveaway on my blog for an amazing dress (retail for $160!) from KAHLO! :)

    xx,
    cindy - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowee! this is just wonderful. You two travel real well. All the lovely interior details. And i just love love love how its a mix between modern scandi design and traditional japanese ryokan. also... what a HUGE bed!!! Bonus points for awesome lighting. heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, looks gorgeous! and the food looks delicious!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am honestly your biggest fan. Your blog is AMAZING! I literally printed out the picture of your hair and gave it to my friend to get her hair cut. We've been looking for the perfect edge and this is most certainly it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X