Sunday, August 7, 2011

as rockets fall.

I spent last night hanging with the brains behind pop punk band, As Rockets Fall. Wondering around the city being idiots on a Friday night, we were out on a mission: to shoot promo pictures for their write up in Drum Media over the following weeks.

I've never had formal photography training, but have always loved the idea of photography and so I was slightly reluctant in agreeing to take photos for the boys. I wasn't sure if the photos I took would be up to standards of such publications like Drum Media, let alone close to any form of good promo pictures for the band.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These photos were a few of the shots, with little bits of tweeking in photoshop, turned out rather rad. It was a great fun to get to know the boys, they were heaps chilled and relaxed and fun to work with.

As Rockets Fall will be debuting in a few Sydney shows over the next few months. So if you guys are in Sydney and are interested, stay tuned as I'll be posting dates and venues.

Hope everyone has a RAD weekend!

X

16 comments:

  1. Cool images!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.com
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cool photos! sounds like an awesome band :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So impressed with these photos! You'll have to teach how to do the long exposure stuff. Love it!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like those photos!!!
    They are gritty and urban, make me want to go out and drink the night away haahahahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow beautiful lighting

    oh the band link is www.facebook.com/asrocketsfall
    they have one of the final photos you took hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the effect of light trails in photographs, gives a real alive movement sort of vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Light play! unintentional? haha nonetheless they came out pretty rad! A start up into the world of photography perhaps? :)

    + and I'm going to Beijing for a mini-vacay. My bf is studying abroad out there for fall so I'm coming up there for a bit to help him settle down, stuff my face, get sick from dirty food, and shop my butt off. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the effects of the photos, they turned out to be pretty stunning! I somehow have this thing where I just can't do anything on photoshop, they just turn out looking very bad, haha! Thanks for dropping by!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X