Sunday, July 17, 2011

tallavera grove, hunter valley

On the second day of our trip to the hunter, we woke up to a lovely little breakfast setting on the front deck of the Cooperage. The hosts of the Cooperage had prepared us a mammoth of a country styled breakfast. As Rick and I never really ever have the time to have breakfast, our stomachs are pretty much not too accustomed to the amount of food that was prepared for us.

We had  a lovely fruit salad, with toasted muesli, yogurt drizzled with honey, followed by the most fluffy ricotta pancakes I have ever had. We were given honeycomb butter to spread onto our ricotta pancakes and had mandarins soaked in port. The honeycomb butter in itself was a culinary experience for us. Coupled with great view, company and weather, it was a great way to start the day.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We spent the rest of the day doing more wine tastings. One place we visited was Iron Gate Winery. Its estate was Spanish inspired architecture, with terracotta roof tiles especially imported from Spain. Its interior is met by walking through huge wrought iron doors, stepping into a large room with Tuscany inspired windows and tiled floors, with a gorgeous view of the vineyard sitting behind the estate.

I think I dressed quiet appropriately for today. I've had these amazing red high waisted shorts since spring and have never had anything really to pair with it. Navy and red go so well together it was a shame if I didn't wear this adorable bow knit with it. Usually too cute and adorable for my taste, but considering the occasion, I think it was a comfortable and suitable choice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Knit: Review, Shorts: Chinese Boutique in Sydney, Loafers: ASOS, Ring: Camilla and Marc, Wallet: Chloe)

We had some time to kill before heading to lunch and decided to play a game of aqua golf down near the Hunter Valley Gardens. It was so much fun, letting off a bit of steam by belting the ball as far as we could, but afterwards, our arms were all whacked out from the force we had exerted on the golf balls.

Photobucket



We had lunch at a gorgeous little restaurant over looking the valley called Tallavera Grove. It's such an beautiful restaurant as when you walk in you are greeted by this magnificent view over the valley. There were dining spaces sitting in a little courtyard which separated the cellar door from the restaurant. It was such an spectacular view and the food was AMAZING! It felt like we stepped into a little part of Tuscany.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I've been quickly documenting all these doings from what I can remember as I'm so behind on my blogging, you guys need to all excuse me for my writing possibly not making sense. I hope you guys are all having a great weekend, and again appreciate all your lovely comments!

X

13 comments:

  1. Ahh..looks like heaven!! I could do with a place like that, glad you enjoyed! Your outfit is adorable, love the shoes :)) Have a wonderful weekend dollface! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great vacation place...love the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. The breakfast you guys had looks incredible! Ahh ricotta pancakes with mandarin soaked in port? Such a fancy dish - I wish I had that made for me right now, haha.
    You look so adorable in you red and navy ensemble. Such a great colour combination, you can never really go wrong!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I hope to go there end of this year hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks sooooooooooo delicious!!

    I hope you two are coping ok with being so far apart, it would break my heart to be far from Hamish :( :( :(

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful. The honeycomb butter sounds really lush. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your blog so much. The pictures are so nice. I follow, follow you me back?

    http://melissasglamourworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm that breakfast sounds so good! hope you two are having a lovely vacation! i don't know how you guys go without breakfast.. i get so woozy and grumpy in the morning if i don't eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely comment, darl. Hope you're doing well so far! :) I haven't had much chance for posting anything... The weather has been pretty wet and cloudy lately, no good days to take photos, which is such a shame. Your photos look gorgeous, as always, and so do you!

    xx
    M

    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing scenery! Love the surroundings and the food :) great outfit as well :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww what a lovely scene! having breakfast overlooking that vineyard. yes its been too long since we've stopped by too!! yeah you really should come to auckland and visit the yellow tree house... the cafe's not running anymore but the owners still allow visitors when you contact them ahead of time - for all the archi obsessed out there haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My God...are still in Heaven....LUCKYYYY...
    We once more are in love with the pics and all the environment...

    and the nails? still gorgeous...

    bisou.

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pictures!!! love the place :D
    xoxo

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X