Wednesday, July 20, 2011

sun, surf and seal rocks.

For our last weekend away we went to Rick's favourite camping site north of Sydney called Seal Rocks.
It was a 3 hour drive and we went with 3 other couples. One being my friend Lore, who'd recently moved to Newcastle with her boyfriend, Rick's best friend Damien and his wife, who had driven 9 hours from the Gold Coast to spend the weekend with us and Rick other best mate Phil and his girlfriend Sandy. Usually when we go camping at Seal Rocks, we camp out with tents and the lot, this time round, being winter and all, we decided to go luxe and hired out wood cabins with beds.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a great trip, the water was surprisingly warm for winter water temperature. We spent the first day surfing and swimming with dolphins, lazing around the beach and cooking snags on the BBQ for dinner, in front of a lovely and cozy bon fire. We even bought marshmellows and toasted them on the fire....divine!

The second day, Rick woke me up at 7am for a morning stroll to the cliffs. We found a path that took us to the edge of the cliff overlooking the beach. It was such a fantastic scene. Definitely something I won't be forgetting soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We ended up surfing again in the afternoon and ended up swimming with a school of hump back whales. It was a pretty amazing sight, being just 100m from these amazing creatures. Rick got so close he could even feel the water vibrating from the whales calling to each other.

Last surf of the season, I'm definitely going to miss it a lot. Watching Rick surf from the ocean is such an exhilarating feeling and looks and feels completely different when you watch someone surf from the beach. It was one of most memorable experiences we've ever had and one that I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

I'm slowly catching up on my blogging. So sorry about that and my sister has now taken the job of official photographer for my blog. I'll be featuring more outfit posts soon and we start shooting this weekend. I hope you guys all had a fab week up to date. I definitely wish it was the weekend already, as my week has just been TOUGH!

X

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful place..amazing!! Would be a great place to get away to..glad you had a great time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treachery!!! J and I went there about a year ago for a little get away. It is so tranquil and peaceful there. How lucky to have the whales come by, what an amazing experience! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seal Rocks looks amazing. I definitely need to get there.
    The photos of the ocean look incredible - especially the panoramic shots. :)
    So jelly that you know how to surf. I wish i knew how!! Haha.
    Can't wait to see more outfit posts lovely!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pics! I've been following your blog for quite sometime, and I've enjoyed every post. Keep up the great work!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aahhh!! i need holidays!!
    beautiful pictures baby! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazig pictures! when I saw the first one I thoght something like: "Oh.. this post is gonna be good " and it really was ;)
    It seems that you had lots of fun.

    See you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like u had a great time!
    Love the panorama pictures.

    With love, Samm
    www.afterstylecomesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, hehe you are like a tour guide of Sydney for me!

    Well the week is finally over, and you and your sis can start taking outfit photos, yay!

    Hope you will be having it easier soon. :)

    Love the Ciara heels, but mine keep slipping off haha for some reason! ♥


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG these photos look sooo amazing!! seriously beautiful, I have to visit here. loving your blog, I'd love if you wanted to follow each other!

    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X