Sunday, July 24, 2011

skyline.

These were the last photos Rick took of me before he left. We went to visit friends who lives in a block of apartments in Bondi, with a rooftop view to die for. It looks straight out to the infamous Bondi Beach and it's stark whites of the walls contrasted with the greys of the cement floors to the rustic metallic of the railings make for a perfect setting for a shoot. Been playing around with photoshop lately and did and edit on these photos.

Photobucket

I loved the feeling of standing on the roof looking out to the ocean and seeing the skyline on a cloudy day. It somehow brings excitement, a feeling that there are so much things to do and events to come in the near future. Rick was able to snap a photo of a kookaburra taking flight and gliding into the air. It looked amazingly carefree and fearless.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Jumper: Bondi Markets, Singlet: Agent 99, Denim: St Lenny, Shoes: Sportsgirl, Rings: Asos and Lovisa, Necklace: Recreational Boutique)

I've been feeling a bit down lately, possibly a quarter life crisis coming to an age where I feel like I need a proper career direction in my life and not having to work in frivolous retail jobs. I mean it was fun and I loved working in fashion, but I've grown out of it. I feel like I'm no longer challenged nor am I learning anything new anymore. I've coming to a close with my degree and its something I now need to place myself in.

Photobucket

So starting next week, its a fresh start, working towards my career and career goals I'll be setting for myself. I'm glad I have such a supportive network of friends and family and boyfriend. Time to take control and steer myself the right way.

X

27 comments:

  1. I love your heels - and what a gorgeous view!
    Love the whole ensemble you have going on - so chic!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit. That is an amazing view! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pics!! I hope you find in your life what you need!!It will come! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos! beautiful view your friends are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The jumper is to die for!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing pics *-*/
    thanks for your coment and come back always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab outfit and photos! Thank you for commenting on my little blog, come back and visit again soon. Following :)

    xx
    rebelrousher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much!!
    i like your outfit!
    your blog is nice, i follow you :)

    <3anja
    http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! now I can see that you always have wonderfull pictures :)
    You look really nice.

    See you and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look STUNNING!
    Love, love, love everything about this outfit.

    You will find your feet and make choices about the next steps in your career... don't be too hard on yourself and make allowances for mistakes. if you can, take some time off before you make any huge decisions. Just remember we change careers constantly - it's the thing people do now! No choice is set in stone.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reading those words- and funnily enough I feel exactly the same way too... this is my last semester at uni and i'm just sick of working in retail. my life is definitely going to be changing in some way. gorgeous outfit as per usual :) x


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for your comment dear,
    and you look SO Adorable, Awesome! Wow!
    I don't have any words to describe, you look so chic with your haircut!
    maybe need along time to let it grow, sometimes it's terrible to have a long hair anyway,

    mind to follow each other?
    www.rillicious.blogspot.com

    let me know if you already follow me, I'll follow back ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this look and great photos!!!
    i wish you the best on your journey!!! I hope you achieve your goals/dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey amazing photos!!! i love your shoes.

    xx from hong kong :)
    www.ldmldmldm.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking Gorgeous as always...
    and you pics are always fantastics.

    And about the quarter life crisis,
    "every little thing is gonna be all right..."

    Just take a deep breath and keep walking.

    bisou.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love everythng bt tis.its just perfect.u look dam cool.want tat sweater;-)
    much love,
    www.chicqua.blogspot.comLove everythng bt tis.its just perfect.u look dam cool.want tat sweater;-)
    much love,
    www.chicqua.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These photos are absolutely stunning...totally know what you mean by hitting your quarter-life crisis. Of course mine came about 2 years later than 25.

    Oh well...wait for your wave and when your wave of the day comes...just enjoy the ride :)

    xx THE CHEAP

    ReplyDelete
  19. I reaaaaaaaaaally adore this shoot!

    Not only do you look crazy good, you also perfectly captured the feel and vibe of Bondi! It makes me realize I kinda miss living there...

    I totally understand your 'quarter life crisis': time to get out of our comfort zones and show what we are made of ;-)

    Wishing you all the best & hope to see you soon

    x Lore (aka your only Anonymous follower lol)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I like this post so much, you look really great!
    If you want come and visit my blog, and if you like, follow me!I'll be waiting for you!

    http://cosamimetto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute outfit!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing photos and outfit, those jeans and shoes are awesome! and i feel the same way, i've been kinda down lately because sometimes i feel like im the only one who doesnt know what i want to do career wise or how to get there...but glad you're taking the next step to achieving your goals! :)



    Blog | Twitter | Shop

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these photos are BEAUTIFUL!!
    Love it
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  24. such cool photos! love it! would love it if you checked out my blog-

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. rick always takes the best photos of you! i love your sweater and shoes. OMG your shoes... to die for! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is by far not going to lie, my favorite outfit. I love everything about it! You look soo good!! and the view is to die for.

    And don't worry about about having a pre-mid-life crisis. We all eventually get those, but you're so young! You have all the time to make mistakes and figure out what you want in life. I know you'll go far!

    ReplyDelete
  27. you have such an amazing look ! love it! thanks for checking out my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X