Monday, July 11, 2011

the cooperage, hunter valley.

Weeks ago Rick had planed a series of weekend getaways for him and I before he left for Japan. One of those was a little surprise road trip up to the Hunter Valley for a weekend of good food, wine tasting and most of all, memories of spending time with each other.  We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast place called The Cooperage in the Kelman vineyards. Our room opened up onto a deck with a full view of the grape vines right out the front. It Our hosts were a lovely elderly couple who made us feel at home the moment we stepped into the place and gave us some amazing tips on places to go and where to eat. They also made us the MOST AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS breakfast I'd had in a while on our second day, but on that in a later post.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had an amazing trip driving around and stopping at some different vineyards and doing different wine tastings. One memorable lookout was Audery Wilkinson Vineyard. It sat on the top of a hill over looking the valley and the sunset there was quite a spectacular view alone.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



I woke up that day with the worst hair too, and the back of it literally looked like a wild animal had been nesting there for weeks. I couldn't smooth it down nor tease it up to any kind of normal looking hair and with the wind blowing into it, had only made my hair worse.

I bought this vintage skirt off from Gary Pepper Vintage, when she did the bondi markets. I usually never ever do white, but this skirt was just too gorgeous to pass up, especially from such a fashion muse like Nicole from GPV.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Top: Something, Skirt: Gary Pepper Vintage, Shawl: Arthur Galan, Shoes: Wittner, Bag: Oroton, Belt: Lisa Ho, Ring: Camilla and Marc)

A few ups and downs during the first day, with little tantrums thrown because I kept giving Rick wrong turning directions, which I flatly denied, because I am an architecture student and I do pride myself in being able to read maps at the very least.

The Hunter is such a gorgeous spot here in NSW, if you guys ever past here, its def worth it to spend a few days enjoying what this lovely region has to offer!

Sorry this was a bit of a rush post. I feel like that every time I get to blog, I'm always having to apologise for my lack of posts. I do really promise, to be a better blogger!

X

23 comments:

  1. aw this is lovely :) hang in there dear!! you will see him soon ^_^ i'll let you know when elliot needs a new pair of shoes hehehe :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing your blog, it is absolutely fantastic! Your photos are incredible, and your style is equally amazing. Love your piercings as well!

    Blogger is being a bit odd right now and I'm not able to follow, but I'll be back!
    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pictures are absolutely fabulous! you look great in each and every one of them and I love how the wind blows in your skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are amazing!! For some reason, the third pic is my FAVORITE! And your nails? LOVE 'em!!

    Happy Monday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photos!lovely places :)
    ur outfit is my dream dear!!!u look so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the skirt and the ring!

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post!
    The place where you guys stayed looks so modern yet cosy. Totally not what I was expecting!
    I was just thinking that your hair looks really good then I read that you were having a bad hair day?? No way! I love it in this post! The messy hair look suits you :)
    Great buy with the skirt from GPV. I wanted to go to the Bondi stall but was working. You should link her this post. I'm sure she would love to see that one of her skirts went to a great home. ;)

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pics, Gorgeous outfit, GORGEOUS NAILS and we are dying with that amazing red blanket.

    Amazing blog, girl.

    bisou

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that fabulous is a highly overused word, but it is perfect for you! You are nothing short of absolutely fabulous and stunning!

    <3 The Daily Dani

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm guessing this is where you live!
    It looks like an amazing place!
    Oh and how I love these photos.
    And you are very pretty:)
    thank you for the lovely comment on my blog.
    I really apreciate it.
    xx,Nana

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so sweet. Love your matching lipstick & bag. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice pics and nice outfit!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as I saw you item in chictopia I loved it! so lovely! what a wonderful sorprise to find these photos in your blog! they are gorgeous! I love vinyards and anythin to do with wine tasting. LOVE this post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. its so great to come across a blogger who blogs on photography and fashion!!
    love ur post!!!
    and m following you....wud luv if u follow back!!
    <3 <3

    http://touchofawanderer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the nail colour! Is it new? x

    www.petite-twenty-something.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow love these pictures! The landscape is beautiful and you look so amazingly pretty! Love your style too ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing pics!
    Loove it!

    Follow my blog
    http://therubberdoll.com/

    Kisses from pepa:X

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love staying at B&Bs. Your trip looks absolutely lovely! The place is so serene and just so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoooooaaa, looove the photos!
    I loove the 2nd photo!
    And wow, the rooom LOOKS SOO DAMN NICE AND COOL! :D
    I totally LOL'D @ "it literally looked like a wild animal had been nesting there for weeks", but your
    hair doesn't look bad. :)
    And I LOOOVE THE SKIRT!!! I love that it's sheer and loove the soft pleats ♥!
    I also LOOVE YOUR RED BAG, VERY NICE! :D
    And love the color of your nail polish and love your ring :)

    Thank you for your comment on my new post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww you look so fabulous, I am glad you lovebirds had such a great time!

    I went down with friends last year, and loved it too. There is something bout the clean air and the quiet fields. I could live there... :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  21. The place looks very idyllic, perfect getaway for some unwinding. If your hair looks like that on a bad day, than you are charmed!! :)

    Dandy color lippy and handbag, combines courtly.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ahh thanks girl you're so sweet! it's been a while and you're still looking great as usual! this looks like the perfect little trip, very cozy and quaint :)

    p.s. i really like your grey shrug!! +1 on the comfy scale!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X