Saturday, June 11, 2011

tea for three.

Our most recent discovered Sunday ritual consists of photos for my blog early in the morning, followed by a drive up to either the northern or southern beaches, checking out the spots with good swell and then followed by a surf session.

The weather has been considerably good here, not warm, but sunny enough for us to still enjoy the beach and the warm water temperatures.

I wore this outfit while meeting friends for tea in a little cosy little french cafe on Danks St. It was great to catch up with these girls, and I definitely needed the catch up sesh as in between the time we haven't seen each other, one friend become a mother to a beautiful baby boy! 

As most know, my style is rather grungy and I prefer clean cut lines and tailored jackets, but going to such a cute little cafe for tea, I couldn't help but putting on this adorable lace dress to suit the occasion. This outfit also gave me an opportunity to wear these loafer pumps that I've had for ages, but just did not know what to style with. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Dress: Review, Socks: Dangerfield, Shoes: Wittner)

I don't think I will ever be caught in something this cute ever again! I originally had this post planned for last week but I actually never got around to editing the photos. So here it is.

I've been eyeing a new camera lately, and am thinking of selling my DSLR as it is just too much too heavy to take around with me and I still can't exactly master all of the settings just yet. sigh

Hope you guys all have a great weekend!
X



12 comments:

  1. I really, really like that dress.
    Love the lace.

    If only it was kind of sunny here :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - adorable outfit! :)

    I love this look on you - especially the dress!

    Oh no, don't give up on your DSLR. I just started to learn how to use mine on manual settings and it is soooo worth it! What camera do you use?

    I hope you have a lovely long weekend, try to enjoy it despite the weather!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh..you look stunning as always!! Really suits you, I think :) The flash of red in your lipstick is great!! If I could wear shoes like that without falling over, I would, those are fab!! I agree about the dslr, it's far heavy and my hands ache at times after shooting! And I had to spend a lot of time figuring out all the settings, sometimes I just wish we'd go back to good ole' film cameras of the old days :)) Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw I love how you can pull of grungey outfits but then a cute one like this :) My friend has those Wittner/Miu Miu heels and they are so nice. Even though I've already said this, I love your new hair style! I'm going to cut mine shorter as well... but not as short as yours :P x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore the shoes! They're amazing.




    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute dress!
    And you're right about the DSLR. It's so freaking heavy. I borrowed one from my father when I went to London and it was a pain in the ass. It does take pretty photos but it is just not worth it to carry it with you sometimes. My shoulders and neck were killing me. That's why I decided to buy my own, not DSLR camera (Nikon Coolpix P100). It's such a joy carrying it everywhere since it's very light but still takes good enough photos and videos.

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and innocent!
    Have a nice weekend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3 the dress! Really, you want to sell your DSLR? I think the photos are really great, though, I have to agree that DSLR is just too heavy sometimes, and it required to be carried around in its own bag and stuff. Which is sometimes really inconvenient if you're carrying a small bag. :(

    But they take really great sharp photos, nothing like normal digital cameras take. :)

    Hope you're doing well, anyway! I'm gonna be done with exams very very very soon, in about 12 days. I'm counting down and can't wait 'till the holiday arrives. I really need my life back! lol

    x

    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww but you look so sweet in that dress! You look great in what you usually wear, but this pretty dress is a lovely change. Love the peter pan collar on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got the same shoes!! in Flesh though. Boy do we have good taste :P

    MILK BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey pretty lady! I'm doing pretty well, thank you for asking! I've been pretty slow at blogging lately, but hopefully I can pick up the pace this week.

    I really like you in this outfit! It is quite different from how your normally dress, but it works very well with you. The loafer pumps and socks together are A+. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X