Monday, June 20, 2011

secret wars.

Secret wars is a 90 minute live art battle whereby graphic artists use only black markers and black paint on a piece of white canvas. I was lucky enough to attend the first round of Sydney semi finals at the Oxford Art Factory last Wednesday to support SPRINKLES (Aiden McKenzie), a graphic artists from Sydney.

The show was epic and both artists did amazing jobs, but in the end SPRINKLES pulled an awesome tactic with clever play of words and a crazy piece of art that wowed everyone in the crowd and the two guest judges. The grand prize is a Bianchi fixed gear bike!

For more information on Secret Wars, locations and to find out when the next event is on, visit their website here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Shirt: Charlie Brown, Shorts: MinkPink, Bag: Alannah Hill, Ring: Camilla and Marc, Necklace: Recreational Boutique)

Had a really great night just drinking, cheering and catching up with friends with a really cool crowd.
There have been so much stuff happening lately as everyone wants to catch up with us before Rick leaves in about 9 days....

Just got back from a AWESOME weekend escape with Rick from the Hunter Valley. We also had a farewell with friends on Friday for Rick too. There are heaps of photos that I'd love to share with you guys soon!

Hope you all had a rad weekend!

X

15 comments:

  1. You're really rocking that new ring!
    As for the YSL ring - get them at a website called cultstatus. They are based in Perth! :) I really want to get one but just going to wait to pay off Jacobs birthday present (it's a secret trip to melbourne for 4 nights in a couple of months!). Keep it on the hush hush though cos he has no clue!
    Where is Rick going? :(

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! Love the pics!
    Photoshop is not easy. I cant explain it hhaha u have to see and follow. Thr are a lot of tutorials on youtube dow ;)

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a fun event :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My last exam is tomorrow! Yay!! Then i'll finally be on holidays and get onto re-decorating my room. I'm also meeting with the Broadway chick to talk about me winning the competition aka.. picking up my sweet prizes! hahahaha WOO. anyways.. back to studying :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it babbbyyyyy

    xx the cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks awesome!! How fun!! Love the hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I L O V E your fringe!!!!!

    These photos are awesome, there is nothing better than a live street art installation.

    My hair was this AWFUL yellow + Asian Orange colour because my hairdresser didn't put the toner in for long enough... now it's gone in the other direction and it's SUPER ashy... I hope it calms down after a few weeks :/ :/ :/

    You should give the blonde thing a go!!! I did 10 years ago and I've only looked back a couple of times... regretfully!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello !!
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog , the book about Saint-Germain-en-laye is not very famous but it is call "Petits secrets de Charmes à Saint-Germain-En-Laye"


    xoxo ♥
    from: http://Patchwork-of-dreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah this looks amazing! love street-artists, they are so talented!
    and you look so cute in the second to last photo, even though your face is half covered. what a hipster.. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing, looks like such a good event! They're really talented - some of those are amazing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yess! I've heard about this happening, looks so awesome. I'd love to go and see this happen if I can :)
    That ring is amazinggggg too.

    xStace
    TEE&FAME

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a lot of fun - the event looked amazing! Totally what I'm in to <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had an amazing time! Your ring is so incredible. I still can't stop staring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was gonna say those drawings are rad before i got to the comment section and read "hope you had a rad weekend." so i'll say those drawings are bad@$$, instead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X