Tuesday, June 14, 2011

queen's birthday long weekend.

Queen’s birthday long weekend was met with dull skies and a heavy down pour of rain. Definitely a day that should be spent snuggling under the doona cover watching movies, eating sweets and drinking tea. Something Rick and I did for most of the afternoon. I really racked my brains for a more creative title but really for the life of me come up with one.

I usually work Mondays, even if it is public holidays (I’m a massive work-a-holic), but as Rick and I only have 3 short weeks left together, I’d rather take the time off and spend some quality time with my man.

We woke up in the morning and went to La Cucina for some anti pesto plate. They have a great deli but not so good food menu. As it was still breakfast time, we had to settle for some traditional breakfast rather than our anti pesto plate. I find it funny how restaurants advertise certain dishes on a menu but always seem to run out of some sort of ingredient like sage butter or even sauce?! Breakfast was rather disappointing, the egg was runny, the taste was bland and I only got two measly little corners of bread that turned up stone cold at the table.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After breakfast we stopped by some spots for photos as I’ve been so inconsistent with my outfit posts lately, I’ve been making mental notes to take photos every single opportunity I get. I’m rather shy for a blogger and am always embarrassed with the attention of onlookers wondering what the hell it is we are doing. So having such bad weather and a few spots of flash rain, no one was around outdoors and I felt more in my own skin to post naturally than I have before.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Shirt: Sportscraft, Shorts: Boutique, Shawl: Arthur Galan, Loafer Pumps: Wittner, Bag: Alannah Hill, Antique Necklace: Oroton, Umbrella: Oroton)

I did a massive shopping haul on Sunday, a few basic items that I can wear to most occasions. These chiffon shorts are in the perfect rust colour I’ve been looking for. My taste for fashion lately has been a lot more feminine, rather than my usual grunge. I don’t know why, but I seem to be opting for the softer lines than straight tailored cuts. I tried something different this time with my photos a little bit of editing on Photoshop, just to kick-start some creative ideas for my long neglected architectural portfolio.

I think I’m on a rambling rampage today. =)
I hope everyone had a great weekend and hope that the weather here hasn’t stopped most of you guys having fun here in Oz.
X

21 comments:

  1. wow, shoes and tights are so nice together! great outfit post!
    xx
    http://thefourthcornerofstephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look happy and relaxed in these photos!!!

    Love your tights lady.

    Such a shame about your brunch. I guess places run out of stuff when someone doesn't order right OR heaps of peeps come in. We went to our local burger place the other night and they'd run out of chips!!! It didn't bother us because we didn't want them but other peeps were angry, which I can understand.

    You're a blog photo natural!! Don't doubt your beauty.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are gorgeous! :)
    You look like a natural ;) I'm sorry to hear that your breakfast wasnt any good - I hate going out for a meal (especially breakfast) and being disappointed!
    Can't wait to see the sun again. I have so much laundry to do! Grr!

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely great !
    love your shoes !
    thank you for your comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!





    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great outift for a rainy day!! Looove!!

    http://de-vero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look so cute! seriously though, you're like a natural. the last picture is my favorite. :)

    & to answer your questions, yes... i do process my photos with ps. and i have recorded tons of actions so time isn't wasted haha. but still, each picture will need a few tweaking here and there. hehe

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are a killer! Happy long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW,you look amazing!!!Love the entire outfit,especially the shoes!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love those nude loafer heels soo much ! the drape of the skirt is alsoo really lovely..

    good to know your blog :)

    www.glistersandblisters.com
    enter my $100 shopbop giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow i love ur blog :)


    http://fashionhurtssemi.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Photoshop! I can never nail that shit. haha but your oroton umbrella! lovely! I think I need it more than you do here in Melb, ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I just stumbled on your blog and I started from your first post and worked my way through to this one and they're all so fantastic!

    I am in love with your outfit, especially your skirt and tights :)

    http://jankenponnn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey babe,

    Love that photo of you slightly turning back and smiling under the umbrella. :) That one is such a good shot!!! :) Thanks for your comment about my kitty, she isss definitely sooo cute, haha, she's like my Princess. Hope you're gonna be okay once Rick leaves! :S

    x

    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yup, yup, looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifull photos!! :)


    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so fierce! and very beautiful... i love your hair... and your style!!! cool blog.. followed you here and in chictopia :)

    really hoping you could visit my blog too and follow back. would be a great pleasure.. :)

    Sol

    http://paragonofchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are really really nice shots, every single one of them. I don't even know which to choose as the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X