Monday, April 11, 2011

rustic.

I came home today to a nice little surprise from Rick. He upgraded my fixie and pretty much came home with a whole new package. Its got a complete new colour scheme (although I loved my pastel purple bike to bits), new grips and new rims. We just went for a late night ride, which was exhilarating in the cold crisp autumn night air. Can't wait to take photos and show you guys.

Its been getting pretty difficult to take outfit photos now with daylight savings in place. We never get enough time to catch the afternoon sun. Night photos are always so hard to take. The location from this shoot was discovered during one of our sunday rides. Its an overpass right next to the rail line that takes riders and pedestrians over the river to the next suburb.

I love the rustic look of this location, its high overhead iron cable columns lines the walkway behind fences reaches into the sky, the fact that this overpass runs over the river making it feel like you're walking on water. I'm not entirely happy with these photos because we arrived at location at midday, when the sun was as its strongest. I'm pretty much squinting in all these photos, but it was the only opportunity we got.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Top/Smock Dress: Charlie Brown, Wedges: Matiko, Faux Fur Coat: Vintage, Ring: Diva)

This top, which I wore as a dress, has so many vibrant colours, its such a playful and fun outfit which reminds me so much of summer and spring. It's chiffon, makes the cut of the dress flow perfectly as a smock dress. Rick also decided to play around with tinting the photos which I think turned out really good, as it looks kind of like an early morning shoot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Soooo....its Rick's birthday this weekend, which I am excited to be planning. Also I've been invited to the Life Aquatic Blog's no Fixed Address Gig featuring The Gate. I'm pretty excited for everything that's happening this week.

Hope you guys had a fantastic weekend and will be having a magnificent week!

X

36 comments:

  1. You look awesome! Love this shirt/blouse dress dso much! Such a pretty print!

    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god that 2nd photo is - EPIC!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in the top - and that shoot location is great, always liked old train yards.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top/smock is awesome. Love the array of colours, looks like you're a walking painting :) I love your hair style..it's lush!! Have a great day flower!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a beautiful dress! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squinting or not, you look totally fierce! :)

    www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty pictures! i love your dress,shoes, hair. i love them all!

    Babi
    http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos. The tinting changes look great! Good luck with the birthday planning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dress! It's beautiful!
    Sounds like Rick spoils you, lucky girl ;)
    I agree with daylight savings being over making it hard to take photos too! So hard to find the time!
    Anyways lovely post, you look gorgeous xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your top and wedges. You look awesome.

    www.denizsaatcioglu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow the color of that smock dress is amazing!!!
    love it
    xo
    http//www.frankviyl.com
    thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Particularly gorgeous and the colours are great. The shoes are wonderful as is the location.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi honey,

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

    Both Hamish and Sean have worked at hatted Asian restaurants like Longrain and Matteo's. They both have a huge passion for Asian cuisine. It's their favourite to cook. I guess it's like saying EVEY Filipino knows how to sing - because they are Filipino. When I go there I can tell you now some of my family members CANNOT sing hahaaha but they belt out the karaoke like it's nobodies business anyway hahahaaaa. The food they serve at Mopho is far superior to a LOT of Asian cuisine I've had - made by Asian's often with Cheap Eat Guide stickers on the front of their restaurants. I hope, hope, hope you can come back to Melbs soon and eat there!!



    hahahaaa I can't stop thinking about bad karaoke singing now hahahaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah-maaaaaazing shoes :o!!!!

    and no i leave on wednesday so i'll start packing on perhaps... monday/tuesday hahaha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hair, you look fabulous! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  16. That print is gorgeous, also your hair style.

    I love your blog crazily! your style is perfect! Following via bloglovin.

    LAZYCATSTYLE

    ReplyDelete
  17. can't wait to see your fixie! :)

    &gosh, i really really love the vibrant colors on this top! i adore the outfit... from head to toe. hehehe

    hope all the planning goes well!

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  18. that photo of you walking away...so artistic like a dream.

    ~Fae
    http://www.rosypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so good! That dress is so flowy and ethereal-like. haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Goodness, what lovely shots. I like that psychedelic colour top. You have great style.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! You rocked that! going right into my 'fav fashion' folder :)))


    www.mi-lk.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love this look. Your hair is gorgeous and so is your blog. Following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cool photos. I still can't get over how much I'm obsessed with those wedges, haha.

    Cindy
    www.stylesouffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the smock dress, the colours are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Everything about this is amazing.

    http://eugeneandyen.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think your photos look fine, the location is great! That's an interesting pattern on your dress, I like it (: and that was awfully sweet of your boyfriend. I love little surprises like that. I do hope you take pictures of your bike soon, I'd like to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the colours of your dress; it is just like looking at a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Heyyy... Thanks heaps for your lovely comment! I haven't been checking things for quite a while now... Shoulda, coulda, woulda but didn't! (As always)

    That's a cool idea of breaking down the buildings, etc... Well one thing that I found after reading the book about Kengo Kuma is that he's really into paying attention to details, so I suppose something could grow from paying attention to a small detail in the building and then everything can expand from then? (Not sure if this is making sense!)

    That shirt/dress you're wearing is sooo hot! Really nice shots, too! :) Still waiting on your architecture works' post!!! :D (Though I haven't blog for a while now!!!) :S

    x

    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. that print is absolutely amazing. Love the way you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow this is so beautiful :) love it. and that was so sweet of him!

    xoxo,
    welcometodeutschland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the perspective and blurred background of these images. AND that dress looks gorgeous on ya!
    ps did you decide on which color to get yet?

    ReplyDelete
  32. loving the print on that dress!! And yes, following you! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X