Monday, April 18, 2011

happy birthday bf.

It has been a busy past week that hasn't really left me much time to blog at all. As I mentioned in my previous post, yesterday was Rick's birthday, I won't tell you how old he turned as he will probably kill me. We spent the entire day together yesterday celebrating, eating and shopping. Glad the weather held up for most part of the day that allowed us to bask in some sun.

For breakfast, I took us for something a bit different: High Tea. We were served a yummy assortment of finger breads with deliciously fresh toppings, scones with fresh double whipped cream, jam and marmalade as well as an assortment of cakes and sweets. We went for a quick walk around the park in the beautiful Bicentennial Park and its surrounding parklands. We stopped to take some photos too, but this post is dedicated to the bf. Outfit post will follow soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then headed to Chatswood to pick up a top from Myer I had ordered to match my skirt for my dinner outfit. We ended up in Chatswood Chase and found an amazing collared white shirt with piping on the collar from Arthur Galan, which I bought for him for his birthday. I've been lusting over AG pieces for a while now, especially this tan coloured leather dress with the craziest ruched detailing.  Cannot believe he actually owns an AG piece before me. We have also been looking for pewter coloured Vans for him, but since he has gigantic feet, sizing was always an issue. As luck had it, we just happened to find a pair at Hype in his size.




We then headed home after much walking, to finally get showered and dressed for a seafood dinner. We went to dinner at Stonebar, a little seafood restaurant in Meadowbank by the water. We had mornay oysters and lobster as well as seafood marinara pasta. The food was delish and the service was great. By the time we got home, James had baked an apple and cinnamon puff pastry pizza, glazed with honey and with a size of vanilla custard.

Photobucket


It was definitely a well spent day with the boyfriend. I hope you guys all had a rad weekend. Sorry my post is an essay of a post today, that might or might not be coherent as I'm not in much of a writing mood today.

I'll try to post more regularly. See you guys soon!

X

31 comments:

  1. Love that you went for high tea!!! Different and funnnnnnn

    I hate shopping for shoes for Hamish he's a size 14 we recently found a shop online called bigshoes.com it's FANTASTIC for bigger sizes!!! Go looksy!! go go ogogogogogogogooooo!!!!

    Love the last photo... it made me laugh because your man has a knife in his hand... it's like WOAH but funny and gorgeous at the same time because clearly he was just cutting his bbbbbirthday cake!!!!

    Now go look at this site honey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are sooo cute ^_^ that food looks so delectable! I want to go to a high tea now. one of my friends always goes! umm and with the photos thing.. i upload mine on photobucket so they don't get cropped. (the setting on photobucket is for the biggest dimensions though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That high tea looks tempting. The photos seem very happy and loving. You two are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. LISA! lol.
    Looks like a very fun day you guys had - and that high tea looks amazing! Where was it? I want to go to one soon! :D

    xx

    http://aprilialove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless!! Birthday wishes to your boyfriend. Looks like he had an awesome time & you both look wonderful!! The food makes me hungry again, hehe! Have a great Monday!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why, oh why did you need to show all that deliciousness?! Now I feel so hungry! XD
    You look adorable, when you smile!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are adorable! theres nothing more i love than high tea. by the way i gathered from jess loves fred you are at unsw? what course?

    jadedsights.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are a lovely and fashion couple!The food looks yummy!Mini cupcakes and apple pie are my obsession!beijosss

    ReplyDelete
  9. That food looks delicious! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. but you have an interesting beauty, I like to look at the love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like it was a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys look cute. I love that picture of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is your boyfriend's birthday on April 17? Because my birthday is on the exact same day!

    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh I love high tea! It looks like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! You have a very interesting blog:)
    I invite you to my blog!
    Follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a sweet couple! and you got your style! i like it <3

    http://carolsletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're such a cute couple!

    These photos are beautiful. I love the idea of going out for high tea for breakfast, and it looks delicious! Sounds like you had a lovely day, and happy birthday to your boyfriend :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys are sooo cute! :)
    Beautiful photos. Sounds like the breakfast was fantastic. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such cute pictures! Loved this post :)

    <3
    www.kasiabelhadri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww the last pic looks so cute! Happy Belated Birthday to him!
    Those mini cakes and goodies look so good. Have read several other blogs showcasing what they had for high tea and now I feel like going for one soon

    ReplyDelete
  21. how lovely!! i love high tea :) reminds me of the post i did back in january for a birthday party too. hehe

    can't believe your bf actually went though! i think my hubby would've said, "uh no, we're definitely not going in there." lol! then again, you should see that post. the place i went to is totally decked out with florals and everything PINK. hahaha

    i'm so happy to see that you had a great weekend! i can't wait to see pics of the outfit. i'm sure you will look amazing :)

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahh that last photo is so cute & the knife really just makes it better! Thanks for visiting miss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. yummy!!!!!!!! :D lovely post!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWWWWW!!!!!
    you guys are too sweet :) so are those little danishes and pastries . YUMZZZ

    www.mi-lk.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. You guys make a good looking couple. I love how he's holding a knife in that last shot, haha. So loving, but wait... ;)

    Cindy
    Style Soufflé

    ReplyDelete
  26. You two are too cute. A Happy Belated to your main squeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  27. AWWWWW the last pic shoooo sweeeeeeeettt!!!
    i am loving your blog we should follow each other oh and i LOVE your hair cut im not that daring i was upset when i cut off my long tress now getting use to it!!! i love tea I should fly to australia since its so near prolly have lunch with friends in perth haha tata xoxo thanks for you comment in my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aw! what a sweet outing! mmm that high tea looks amazing.

    ps.You mean the malachite one? love how lethal it looks, totally worth thinking it over!
    (...really really sorry my fat fingers accidentally deleted your comment, just wanted to let you know I got it :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. that food... omg ahmaze!! you two look so happy such an adorable post! love!

    xx
    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  30. yeah, there are quite a lot of vintage stores around but you have to carefully choose them as some are definitely overpriced!

    And btw, love that sheer blouse!! I seem to have a fetish for blouses atm :P

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X