Saturday, March 12, 2011

sable and argent grand opening.

The Japan Earthquakes has really had a devastating effect on the country and seeing all those horrific videos and images are really upsetting. It is also scary to think that a few friends who were with us here in Australia, a few months ago and now in that devasting natural disaster zone. We've been frantically calling and texting them but the phone lines are either jammed or things aren't going though. We have emailed them and glad to hear that they are okay, but our hearts are still with them through all the after affects of this earthquake. To think that Rick is also going to the ruins of the earthquake in the next 3 weeks scares me completely to bits.

On a lighter note, the other night I attended the Sable and Argent opening night for their Pitt St Mall pop up store. For those who aren't familiar with Sable and Argent, they are a Sydney based fixed gear bike company stocking, the obvious: fixed gear bikes as well as accessories, fashion and pretty much anything related to fixed gear bikes.

The opening night consisted of massive giveaway packs and as well as the giveaway of a pH fixed gear bikes, free drinks and plenty of social. It was a pretty crazy night, the store was packed with plenty of people.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rick and I also became the official photographers for the night. We didn't get much of a chance to get an outfit photo, the above is a quick snap of me while I ran around the venue. I'm wearing a Gorman top and hopefully will be able to snap some more detailed photos in the coming weeks.

Photobucket

If you guys are around the area anytime for the next 3 months, why not go in and say hi to the crew. Rick has also been the driving force behind it for the last week, thanks to his efforts a lot of it has been possible. If you guys aren't in Sydney, go check out their blog here.

I hope you guys have a great weekend and again thanks so much to everyone who has stopped by my blog over the last few days! I appreciate every visit greatly!

X

20 comments:

  1. Love those photos , some of them are so expressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome! my husband's thinking about getting into biking & such. i'm sure he would've love this event. :)

    thanks for stopping by my blog! i'm lovin' yours... you have some awesome style & photos!

    stop by again soon! would love to have you as a follower. ;)

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the macro photos, nice close-ups, anyway I think I replied to your comment on my blog previously, but here's what I do to most of my photos: http://veerle-v2.duoh.com/blog/comments/photoshop_vintage_effect/
    Its quite easy, but now I tend to just edit the curves, hue and solid colours according to the mood I'd like to achieve... It's not complicated at all. :) x
    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree, what is happening in Japan still puts me in shivers...Hopefully they fix the nuclear power plant.. apparently 170,000 people were affected by one of them...:s

    p.s. I was having a bad day the other day and saw your previous post, it actually made my! Im in love with paper art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures!!!

    http://jozefinafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!

    thanks so much for visiting me :)

    love your blog you've got some seriously amazing style!

    i'm following you now would love for you to follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great blog!:D
    hugs from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow mad.
    those are some attractive boys.
    follow me on twitter @zebraandmeerkat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh I love these photos! your blog is so cute. sounds like such a fun night!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. eiii, thanks, your blog is cool, thanks for your coment, i make the neclaces myself. i follow you

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart is also going out to all of the people in Japan.

    Great post. I love all of your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for commenting! you're photography is amazing and i must say, i'm LOVING your hair! haha can't wait to see more outfit posts and such =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! The constant news of our struggling Japan is so sad, i know! On another note, cool photos and great blog! This event looks like it was a tun of fun with cool people!

    xoxo
    Jay

    make sure to
    check out my blog!!..

    http://MODEMUSE.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now this looks like a proper party! Are they coming to LA any time soon! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your very lovely comment! Now following!

    Kisses from Los Angeles,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. such an awesome pop up store layout love the bikes hanging around. best of luck for rick also thats a big thing to do :)

    I HEART STONEFOX

    pop by the blog and enter our Giveaway to WIN a Vintage Moschino Letter Belt :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I love the photos and your blog.

    rebellefleur713.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man that looks like a fun party!
    Would have loved to be there
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!
    toppedoffwitharedhat.blogspot.com
    xoxo, Amanda Archambault

    Follow me and I'll follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i know this will sound dorky, but i really can't ride a bike. i wish i could. i never rode a bike and i feel like a loser. i wanna feel the strong wind beating up my face while flowing on the streets with my bicycle. queen's lyrics of i want to ride a bicycle is definitely me.

    ANDWHATELSEISTHERE

    SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  19. you are waaay too cute! love it :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X