Tuesday, March 1, 2011

farewell summer.

Sunday is the only day of the week that I get off these days. Between trying help Rick pack up his stuff and move into my place for his last month, to work, to running errands....you get the drill, pretty much, life's been busy.

Sunday is also mine and Rick's day together. Normally we do our Sunday afternoon rides together on our fixies. Sydney Olympic Park and the surrounding parkland have some amazing bike paths that take you everywhere. There are also so many that cross each other's paths and we are still constantly discovering new paths and new rides.

Since getting his new camera, Rick has been taking so many photos for me where as there have been none of him and his beloved bike that he has spent so much time and effort building. We went to Bicentennial Park on a path lined with trees that frames the photos magnificently.

Photobucket
Photobucket
(Top: Industrie, Shorts: Mambo, Belt: Vintage, Shoes: Converse)

The bike pictured above is Rick's fixie. My tattoo is also the direct photo replica of his bike. I find it pretty difficult to find outfits suitable for riding. I always have to wear closed shoes as the straps and the metal bits around the pedal could possibly rip your feet off if you aren't careful, yet I can't wear flats that have thin soles as the teeth in the pedals dig into my feet when riding for long periods of time.

(Top: Markets in Bali, Shorts: Industrie, Shoes: Vans)

These shots are of him doing track tricks. It was kinda difficult using a different camera and hard to catch the right shots of the perfect trick. We actually started to bicker a bit in the park because I wasn't able to capture the right shots. We must've taken hundreds of them to come to the final shots.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I love the details of his bike, they are amazing, the colours are vibrant, the look is fresh. He also built me my fixie, I'll probably post some photos of that next time. These rides were amazing during summer! It's to think that summer is now over and these rides will become shorter as there won't be much light around during the later hours of the afternoon.

Photobucket
Photobucket

We spent the last few hours of summer rocking to the tunes of Anberlin. An amazing, AMAZING, AMAZING band hailing from Florida, USA. I've been following these guys since they first came to Australia, maybe 6 to 7 years ago. Check their official website by clicking here. Summer was amazing, the company I had (Rick, friends and family) was amazing. Farewell Summer, I'll miss you!

I hope you guys have a great week and I'll see you throughout the week!

X

16 comments:

  1. That is a really cool bike! I'm jealous, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that bike is so amazing! love the colors....it is just turning into biking weather here in new york!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love your shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooo summer come back! *tear*

    Omgosh your masters that's so exciting! Just think of how awesomely qualified you'll be haha. I'm doing advertising and marketing and i'm in my last year. I'm also thinking of doing masters or honours (i don't know the difference between them though- maybe you could help me out?) but im not sure if i want to spend another 18 months at uni. hrmmm...

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow the bike is pretty amazing with the colors! the pictures you took are great too

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment
    by the way nice photos
    i love your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bike is sweeeeeeet!!! :)
    Thumbs up for Rick, good job!
    Is he going to bring the bike to Japan? Would be such a pity to leave it in Sydney!

    x
    http://hippopotamey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. the bike looks great (colours <3)
    you managed to take really nice picts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is actually some really fantastic advice. Like honestly, I was thinking that too.. like when I finish I'll just try and get a job because I can always go back to uni if I need to do masters/honours. My parents though say if I leave, I won't want to go back but I think otherwise. I'm a good, studious worker so I think i'll be fine. Thanks again for your GREAT input!

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute pictures, love your bike!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the casual outfits and the colour of your bike. Thanks for sharin the photos and drop by me too, soon.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love this post!! :) your blog is great!! i am now following!!

    xx

    fashionbit

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looooove all your pictures here, your blog is great! an that bike is the cuttest!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. your pictures are lovely, and that bike is really cute, I love the color of it..Your outfit s really nice too ^^
    thanks for commenting on my blog, your comment was really nice

    ReplyDelete
  15. My gosh I love love LOVE Anberlin. they are just amazing. I cant get over how awesome that bike is too. I'm currently reading your blog from start to finish. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i want that bike <3

    also loving your outfit i really want a striped top too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X