Sunday, February 20, 2011

melbourne part two, crown's infinity pool.

The Crown Metropol has a pool on level 27, over looking Southbank in Melbourne. Designed by Bates Smart Architects, the pool certainly makes the hotel and lives up to Bates Smarts' great design portfolio. The Infinity Pool is a 25m pool, with a sheer edge, looking as if there is a clear piece of glass sitting on top of it. Next to it is a day spa pool with a massive tap constantly pumping water into the spa. With the way some of the photos turned out, I felt like Alice in Wonderland, all miniature, sitting next to a massive tap and pool.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Bikini: Zimmerman)

Rick and I spent a lot of time in this area as it was so relaxing just sitting in the pool, talking and watching the sun set over Melbourne.

Photobucket
Photobucket

On Sunday morning we got up early for a couple's massage in the Crown's resident spa, Isika. It actually took me a while to make a booking and get the right type of massage for us, but when I finally did get it, and the experience it was totally worth all the effort. Unfortunately we weren't able to take photos so I can't show you guys the spa room.

We headed to the Queen Victoria Markets straight after for some brunch and pick up some fresh deli food. The food is amazing and if you are ever down in Melbourne, it a stop I would definitely suggest you visit. We also happened to be in time for the St Kilda festival and headed there to visit Sasha (my mate) at work. It was way too packed for my liking and the weather suddenly was so hot, I was completely not dressed for the occasion.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We had dinner down in Southbank near the Crown Entertainment Complex and took some night pictures and an outfit post for my blog. The photos aren't clear at all, but I think the colours and the blur create a rather dreamy effect.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Lace Cut Out Top: Dotti, Leather High Waisted Shorts: Dotti, Wedges: Matiko, Lace Clutch: Dangerfield)

On our last day in Melbourne (Valentine's Day) we started the morning having a buffet breakfast in Gordon Ramsay's restaurant: Maze. We then spent the day wondering the little alley ways of Melbourne, discovering the art, history, culture and architecture of the beautiful city.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Top: St Lennys, Maxi Skirt: Rip Curl, Bag: Oroton, Rings: Vivenne Westwood)

The Shot Tower in Melbourne Central is a never fail photo opportunity. So concluded our Valentine's getaway weekend in Melbourne. It was such an experience. something I will never forget and a much needed getaway, just Rick and I before he leaves for Japan.

I hope you had a great weekend guys!
And thanks to all the followers who started following my blog over the last few days!
Your comments also has made my weekend a great one!

X

15 comments:

  1. Seriously makes me want to go to Australia even MORE now! awesome photos you're beautiful! I am loving that bathingsuit! thanks for visiting my blog, I love yours... would you like to follow eachother? :)


    xx
    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh waow. that pool. wow. so pretty:) I could definitely relax by just looking at the place you've been. p.s. It snows here yes;) not anymore, but it did a month ago;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your content so I hope you don't mind me following you through bloglovin'. I can't wait to see your future posts.


    paperwhales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that spa looks like heaven on earth! And the food!! I think I would grab everything if I was there, haha. I love your shoes in the last photo! I wish I could move to Melbourne! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, as always. Sad to hear that Rick is leaving for Japan, funny that I'm kind of in a similar situation!

    Thanks for the comments on my blog, hope you had a great time in Melbourne, and that rainbow ice cream... I love anything rainbow! :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg. rainbow icecream. you just got +1000000 more cool. following you via bloglovin' now!

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove these pictures, Crown is so amazing. I'd love to stay there sometime, I should defintely start planning it.
    Fab blog as well x

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks! Love your skirt and I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love all your pictures! The place where you stayed in Melbourne looks amazing. I'll be following :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful! I'm totally in love with your stile! Your really pretty!
    I love your white top!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog. I'm living in Melbourne at present. You captured the city fantastically in your photos and posts.

    So glad to hear that you had a great time during time in Melbourne.

    Miss Bias
    www.missbias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. damn, i really like your style and photos. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh. My. Gosh. Your photos are so inspiring. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I wish I was there as well, it looks so lovely :-)

    Would you mind visiting my blog? Follow eachother if you like?
    http://tabathasrefugium-tabatha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous photos. i want to visit australia so badly.

    that white sheer top and your shoes are amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X