Friday, February 18, 2011

melbourne, i love.

So as promised here are a few photos from the weekend away I had with Rick as a little valentine's day treat and getaway from Sydney. I have so many photos to share with you all, so I've decided to break the posts into a few different posts.

The day started with an early morning flight into Melbourne, with transfers straight to our hotel. We had booked at the Crown Metropol, the newest hotel to the crown group. Being a five star hotel, it sure did live up to all its grand expectations. The pool area was amazing and I think it deserves a blog post dedicated to itself.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Hat: Dangerfield, Corset: Valleygirl, Singlet: St Lenny's, Shirt: Don't Ask Amanda, Skirt: Rip Curl, Bag: Oroton, Wedges: Matiko, Necklace: Recreational Boutique, Duffle: Vintage from Japan)

We were pretty tired from the flight, and by the time we checked in, settled down and explored the hotel, we didn't want to wander too far as we had dinner plans in Southbank. So to kill time, we decided to be tourists and went to visit the Melbourne Aquarium.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It is a lot smaller than Sydney's one, but had fun exploring either way. We got a few shots of the colourful animals and the cute sea creatures.

We had dinner reservations at the Conservatory for a buffet, seafood and dessert dinner. The food was really great. Really fresh and really yummy! We just caught the sunset after dinner too and was able to take a few outfit shoots for my blog as well.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
(Lace Romper: Forever New, Wedges: Matiko, Lace Clutch: Dangerfield)


After dinner, we spent the rest of the evening hanging out at the infinity pool on level 27 of the Crown Metropol, watching the sunset over the city of Melbourne.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So that ends our day one in Melbourne, loaded with plenty of photos too. (Apologies for all the self shots if its a bit too much), hopefully over the next few days I'll be able to do a post with the pool area, with Rick and I and more into our valentine's day weekend escape.

Until then, enjoy your weekend lovelies!

X

12 comments:

  1. Nice looks !
    Look my blog and follow me if you want xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always fall in love with aquarium photos. :)
    & also in reply to your comment, the necklaces on my recent blog post were mine for a while but then I gave them to a friend since I don't really wear jewelry anyway, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah film is heaps of fun. :) I'm glad you stopped by.

    p.s I love aquarium photos! They've got this strange refracted light effect. You're looking awesome with your big leather travel bag on the ground btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look really good:) especially like the maxi skirt! casual, yet chic at the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Nice outfit, what do you think about following each other?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photos!!! And your style is great too!
    Tnx for the comment on my blog!
    Melbourne should be amazing!
    Following you :)

    http://theothersideoftrendsetters.blogspot.com/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of your outfit!!
    And really amazing photos, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What BEAUTIFUL photos! You are so very adorable. I love your blog and am excited to see more posts from you. Great job!

    And thank you for the sweet comment on my styling post today. It made my day!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Laurren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful hotel! And I love both of your outfits! You're so stylish! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos, I love the leafy seadragon the most from Melbourne Aquarium, hope you caught the hammerhead sharks, too... :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. your blog & life looks interesting enough for me to become a follower so i think i won't be alone with that attitude. :)
    thanks for your comment btw!
    xxx love

    http://pulcinellata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. + the shoes & this black dress look amazing on you!!!! love them

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X