Thursday, February 24, 2011

just you and me on a lazy sunday's afternoon.

Hey everyone!

I must say the last few days has been a very humbling and overwhelming experience from the blogging and Internet world. Thanks so much to all of you who have started following my blog!

I was also happy to find out that I was featured on the Matiko website on their blog for the black suede wedges I have been wearing so often in my previous posts in Melbourne. They have an online store coming soon, so be sure to check out their stuff! If you want to get your hands on a pair now, check out the Solestruck website. You can visit Matiko by clicking here.

Now with the awkward self promotions aside, let's get down to business with today's post.

Valentine's Day, for Rick and I, was a flurry of packing, exploring the city lanes of Melbourne within the last few hours of our stay. We were constantly walking and was so eager to get every last bit of Melbourne into our systems before we left, that we hardly had time to do the traditional Valentine's Day routines. So to make it up to me, Rick surprised me with a little lazy Sunday BBQ, down by the Newington Armory, a little outdoor social area we found during one of our fixie riding expeditions.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He'd prepared our infamous cured meat, cheese and pesto platter, chicken tenderloin, beef and vegetable skewers for the BBQ, pear and chocolate cheese cake, homemade guacamole and baba ganoush dip with corn chips and a bottle of Moet Chandon Champers.

Newington Armory is an amazing area, especially during sunset. It is by the lake, but in a secluded area. It used to be an old factory port area and there are still old rustic cranes sitting by the riverside. There are free BBQ areas for families to use, water features and a rope playground just for the kids.






Photobucket


I love the lighting of the photos during a sunset. On this particular Sunday the sky was particularly red, and as a result the sky was a mixture of purple hazes and red streaks that faded into the darker sky. We were able to capture some amazing photos of the sunset again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Top: Vintage, Leather Shorts: Dotti, Backstage Wedges: Jeffery Campbell)

It was definitely a great way to spend the Sunday afternoon. My sister recently came back from Shanghai and picked up a few H&M and Zara items, brands we are lacking here in Australia at the moment. Maybe my next post will be an excerpt of the lovely items she picked up?

Until next time lovelies!
See you guys soon!
X

12 comments:

  1. The Valentine's Day picnic looks scrumptious. You are a very lucky girl.
    Your outfit is super cute.

    Miss Bias
    www.missbias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks lovely!!! that the pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww looks like you two had a good valentines day picnic, and the sunset looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an amazing little picnic ! you two are adorable!!
    xoxo

    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
    http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is my idea of the perfect afternoon. everyone looks delicious!! gorgeous photos of the sunset. xo

    check out my giveaway a la sparkle!
    www.cryskay.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your so lovely comment. Your pics are just AMAZING! I really enjouyd the color and the place. Also your outfit!

    Fallowing you definitly! See you soon!

    xx from France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos as always, I'd love to see more smiles, though! :)

    x
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the whole outfit, every item you're wearing!!
    The pictures are so lovely :)
    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving sweet comment dear x

    Haru x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this looke like an amazing day, a day to dream about... mmm

    you look amazing!! love your shorts!

    check out my blog and follow if you like:)

    xxx

    Pris

    www.fashionablepris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea how hungry and jealous of couples this blog post made me! Loving the blog, keep up the good work, a new follower and I will definitely be coming back!

    Check out and maybe follow my blog back -
    www.non-optional.blogspot.com
    N. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow how come your uni has taken 6 years?? did you change course half way through? some of my friends have done that and now they have like 3 more years of uni whilst i'm almost finished lol!

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your gorgeous! these pictures are amazing! thank you for your comment and for following!

    we follow you now as well!

    www.wecanpretend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X