Sunday, January 23, 2011

where the city meets the sea.

Sundays usually is a very unproductive day for me, especially when it is beach weather. It took Rick and I a bit longer to get to the beach today as he and his mates had to fix the boat before we could go. I took this spare time to play around with my dslr and take some self portrait shots using my new canon wireless remote.

I'd love to learn how to take some more full body portrait photos but have not yet mastered the art of posing =)
My facial expressions always turn out too tense and my body always look too rigid. It's usually all my candid shots that turn out the best, but then those ones are the ones where you can't really see my outfit properly. Any tips from all you other lovely fashion bloggers on how to pose and take lovely outfit photos would be greatly appreciated. =)

<span class=

<span class=

I'm actually wearing a DIY shirt created and modified by my new singer sewing machine my housemate bought me for Xmas. I must say my sewing skills are really really rusty at the moment, but I have set up little projects for me to do this year, which will hopefully lead to something.

Rick recently purchased a new sony DSLR, with really fast shutter speed and has an incredible panoramic function.

<span class=

I must say he has taken to the art of photography quite naturally. He has a great eye for shots with great composition and has always been able to pick out the best type of lighting for a shot. The sunset at the bay near my house is a real spectacular view and so today we decided to take Xavy down to the park for a bit of exercise and take some photos.
The result: I think it turned out pretty great!

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

<span class=

I have a really bad scratch from Xavy the last time we took him for a walk and he gave me a rope burn. I actually had to photoshop it out on one of the photos. I'm just hoping now that it won't scar too badly.

Rick's finally going sky diving tomorrow (my Xmas present to him), after weeks of postponing due to bad weather. Hopefully with that will come some more photos and an outfit post too!
Until then, goodnight everyone.
X

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa,

    Thanks for finding me! and for your lovely kind words. I've clicked follow on your blog but my picture hasn't come up?Maybe it's just an error today, but I'm now following you because you have lovely photos :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a lovely blog!
    I agree with the self portrait thing it always looks really forced :( but the ones you took do look very lovely, especially the first one :)
    & haha skydiving seems to always get postponed, I had to wait weeks due to weather aswell :( hope he had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a puppy samoyed? Because I absolutely love samoyed dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X