Friday, January 7, 2011

we said goodbye under city lights.

It's nearly 1am and I still have to fold the washing, go to bed and then get up to go to work in a few hours. But I have a massive stomach ache, probably caused by some bad food I ate today. So I'm here typing up a blog post clutching at a hot water bottle and chatting to friends.

I posted my first lookbook look just then! Milestone! I've had an lookbook account for a while now, but have never been brave enough to post photos? But this is a new year and so much is different this year than it was last year. So I've gotta take the leap and start somewhere right?

I wore this outfit the other night when we took Rick's mum out for dinner at Darling Harbour. She was going back home to QLD and it was out little farewell dinner for her. We took her to Criniti's, an Italian restaurant in Harbourside, with awesome food and great views. The pesto entree was amazing and unexpectedly massive in proportion that we were pretty much stuffed by the time out mains came out. The woodfire pizza there is amazing, and according to Rick (who's a massive pizza enthusiast) it is the best pizza he has had in Sydney.

<span class=
<span class=

After dinner we went and sat by the water taking photos of my outfit for my blog. Rick just bought a new camera, and so it was good practice for him to take some photos for me, while I practiced posing for the camera. The result were the following pictures. I can officially say that this is my first outfit post!

<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
<span class=
(Top: Cotton On Body, Gold Skirt: Revival, Lace Clutch: Dangerfield, Wedges: Matiko, Ring: Vivienne Westwood)

We had a pretty good time, shame we had to say goodbye, because this really means that the holidays are over! =(
Rick's mum bought me a rose and other flowers to say thanks for having her in Sydney. It was such a lovely gesture and the rose was so beautifully wrapped. Chloe, one of the girls from work, also came to visit the other day. She'd been away in Switzerland for the past 6 months because her grandmother was ill. She bought me back a tonne of Swiss and German chocolate! I just couldn't resist taking photos of the flowers and chocolate.

Photobucket

James (my housemate) will be home in a few hours too! I'm excited about to hear about his travels and all the things he's seen and done. To me he's been a major part of inspiring me in a lot of things I do. Can't wait till I get to catch up with him.

Oh and one last thing, Congratulations Rick on getting your visa. It's totally hard for me, knowing that you'll definitely be going, but I'm so happy for you, because this is what you wanted for so long. I love you and will support you completely with everything! X



2 comments:

  1. hey hun i just use an olympus e420 dslr with a 14-42mm lens. i just play around with everything in photoshop lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a bicycle tattoo on your wrist? It's so cute. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X