Sunday, January 2, 2011

happy new year.

One of my new year's resolutions this year is to make sure I keep this blog updated with what it was originally meant for. (ie. diary, fashion and architecture). Seeing as I'm here only 2 days into the new year, I'm thinking I've done well, so far into just one of my resolutions.

Last year came and went so quickly and left me feeling that I've accomplished nothing. I had a great year with my family, things worked out with work and uni, and I spent an amazing year of love and fun and sentimentality with Rick. But in terms of accomplishments to furthering myself in terms of creativity, it was lacking at the most.

This year I'm determined to change all of that. And with the help and support and plenty of encouragement from family and friends I'm sure this sudden enthusiasim definately sought through to the end of the year.
I'm determined to buckle down and finish all the unfinished.
I'm determined to look into new creative endeavours of every single aspect.
Now after that self determination and motivational speech....

I had a pretty hectic week leading up to new years, so it was a massive relief when Rick and I decided just to spend it ourselves at home, away from crowds and people. I rushed to the shops after work and made an amazing pesto platter with pickled vegetables, cheese, wine, cocktails, bread, dips and plenty of candles. I must admit the fireworks this year were pretty impressive and the City of Sydney did an amazing job this year.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The weather was so amazing for new year's day that we decided to drive up north to Palm Beach and go surfing and relax on the beach. We took the remaining of our pesto platter from the night before and headed out to Palm Beach.

The vingette photos are actually from my new Samsung camera. It creates amazing prints and you don't need to be a pro at photoshop to be able to get some amazing shots that need to be edited on the computer.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Bikini: Zimmerman, Sunglasses: Perv)

The sun was pretty strong and even the sand we were walking on was too hot with havi's on. We headed home early and hung out at the pool downstairs and sunbaked on the decks with a bottle of wine.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

So I hope you all had a happy and safe new year and I look forward to sharing with you guys a lot of things this year.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog! It looks like you had an amazing New Year, and I am looking forward to your future posts. xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X