Monday, July 5, 2010

weekend.

What an eventful weekend that has just past. I can't really decide if everything that has happened have been good or bad.

On Saturday amid a slow day at work, my housemate James sends me a mms text of an awesome vintage grandfather clock that someone family had left on the side of the street for garbage collection. After racing home from work, we decided to check the clock out and bought it home. It definitely is a stunning piece complete with chime, jangly copper weights for the inside mechanics of the clock and....wait for it.....its very own vintage key still in the key hole! To top if off, James made a delicious mouth watering pasta for dinner complimented with the smoothest red wine I have ever had!

Rick and I woke up early on Sunday morning only because we wanted to have breakfast together and also wanted to squeeze in as much time together as we could as he was attending the 1 year anniversary of fixed.org. We headed over to the local shopping center and decided with coffee club as I have been craving their french toast with freshly sliced strawberries. Unfortunately it was bitterly disappointing as the guy at the register didn't really know what he was doing, the coffee was so horrible that I had to walk down to Gloria Jeans and grab another coffee and the service especially the barista was shocking. No surprises we won't be going there again!

After breakfast, we dropped Rick off in the city for his fixed gear exhibition and headed to Newtown for an op shopping fix. If you guys are from Sydney you will know how hard it is to find free parking around Newtown on a weekday let alone on a weekend, but luckily we found an awesome spot on Enmore Rd, right at the start of the a line of vintage op shops that we wanted to go see anyway. I found the most flattering vintage high waisted skirt from Mulberry Vintage Botique. I also found the most gorgeous dark brown faux fur coat for the steal away price. After walking down the whole strip of Newtown, James and I started feeling peckish and opted with a cosy looking restaurant, with great food and service.

After that we headed back home to another local shopping center to pick up a new phone for my sister. On the way however, another man ran into the back of my car at a red light, but he was such a nice guy and was really apologetic about it. I was just slightly annoyed that, as Monday's are my day off from work, I'd be running around making calls to the insurance company rather than spending the day with my friend Mia and riding around on our bikes as we have previously planned! We chasing up some antique stores around our place asking about possibly getting our vintage grandfather clock fixed and getting it up and running.

I have also set myself some little projects during the week which will be keeping me busy as I won't be seeing Rick much this week. Providing that work dosen't bog me down too much, I hope all my little projects will be completed by the end of this week so that I can take photos and show everyone.

So I hope you all have a great week!

Ps I know the blog so far has been a bit bland and I promise I will be posting photos up to spice things up a bit around here. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. I really appreciate every single one of you guys, contributing and shaping my blog! X